Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No Standing NYC - The Shadow Girl

Around 10-11 pm on Thursday and Friday nights, I'd see the Shadow Girls appear on 29th street. You may wonder, what in the world are "Shadow Girls?" (Or not)

Shadow Girls was what I would call the women that I saw standing in line for the Club Shadow on 28th street. Without fail on weekend nights, this club would have a line that queued with 50-75 people standing in it and then around 4 am you'd usually hear fighting and hood-yelling on the street. Some pure classless stuff... and it was awesome. (I videotaped one argument, but I can't find it...so upset about this)

Regardless, one thing I noticed: there were never skinny girls in line-- this was a club for curves. The women would stand in line, balancing on teeny tiny heels, (plus)-sizing each other up and it was so frickin incredible.

No comments: